Almonds are always great for anyone who is trying to show some commitment to a healthier lifestyle. Between the nutrients they contain and the number of calories they pack, your day will feel much more fulfilling with almonds at breakfast, lunch, or dinner.
Almonds are not only filled with vitamins but also contain many other beneficial properties that improve our health.
Here are 5 top benefits of this tasty nut!
1) Almonds help your immune system. One of the biggest benefits of almonds you get from their high concentration of selenium. This is a mineral that boosts our healthy production and activity of white blood cells which are responsible for fighting against viruses and bacteria that can cause any infections or diseases in our body. This also reduces the risk of developing cancer.
2) Almonds are the best source of Vitamin E. In fact, 100g of almonds contains approximately 23% of the daily recommended intake which makes them one of the most important foods to include in your diet if you want to keep your skin hydrated and healthy looking. The high content of antioxidants that almonds contain helps regulate our blood lipid levels and reduce the risk of heart disease.
3) Almonds are packed with healthy fats, proteins, and carbohydrates that give our body an immediate pick-me-up as well as long-term energy. They can be a great addition to your day to replace any other unhealthy snacks since they help us feel fuller for longer and avoid overeating later on in the day.
4) Almonds are also a great source of potassium, magnesium, calcium, iron, zinc, and phosphorus, which are are all essential for our body’s proper functioning. These vitamins and minerals help oxygen and nutrients flow more freely through the blood and even protect your bones by working to strengthen them.
5) Finally, almonds can help you lose weight since they make us feel fuller faster with every single almond-based meal. They are low in cholesterol and contain no saturated fats which make them a perfect addition to your diet if you are looking for ways to lose weight and keep it off.
Almonds are one of the healthiest nuts you can eat because they contain healthy fats, protein, and fiber. Eating almonds has many benefits such as increased energy levels, improved moods, and lower cholesterol. So, get your hands on some almonds and enjoy all the benefits these small but mighty nuts have to offer!