Going gluten free or even just wheat and flour free- is a bit of a health craze right now. Whether you are celiac or are just doing it for the health benefits, becoming gluten free comes with a lot of restrictions, but also a lot of potential health benefits.
A few benefits include:
- Can improve energy levels
- Works to promote a healthier weight
- Decreases bloating
- Reduces joint pain
- Can reduce the frequency of headaches
- Can reduce depression
Even with health benefits like that, there is still negativity and myths that comes with being gluten free or wheat free. One of the biggest myths is- gluten free food is tasteless and bland.
Just because it is gluten free, does not mean it is lacking in being delicious and full of flavor!
There are some absolutely amazing gluten free recipes for all types of foods. Entrees, appetizers and of course, our favorite- dessert!
The next time you feel like baking, try this flourless recipe on for size.
Your taste buds will thank you!
What you will need:
- 3 cups Powdered Sugar
- ⅔ cup Cocoa powder
- 2 to 4 Eggs (egg whites)
- 1 ½ Chocolate chips (your choice- dark chocolate, bittersweet etc.)
- ¼ Salt
- 1 tbsp Vanilla Extract
How To Make These Mouth Watering Flourless Cookies:
First and foremost, you will need to preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
Then, line two rimmed baking sheets with parchment paper– it is always helpful to give it a quick spray with a non stick spray so the cookies don’t stick on you
Then comes the ingredients.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the powdered sugar with the cocoa powder and salt.
- Whisk in the egg whites (start w/ just two) and vanilla extract and beat just until the batter is moistened.
- Remember these are meant to be a brownie-like, thick and fudgy batter consistency. If it seems too thick, add another egg white– then a 4th one if it still seems too thick.
- Then gently stir in the chocolate chips.
And last but not least- the baking!
- Spoon the batter onto the baking sheet in 12 evenly spaced mounds or drops. (keeping mind it is not your traditional cookie dough so it will be thicker)
- Your bake time will be about 14 minutes, until the tops become glossy and are just ever so slightly cracked
- You can do a quick toothpick dip in the middle just to make sure the inside has settled
- Let them cool and do with them as you please! Decorate, ice, freeze them for later, whatever your heart desires.
But most importantly- enjoy!
There you have it!
A flourless- gluten free recipe anyone can enjoy!